Four Differences Between CrossFit & an Old-School Gym
What makes CrossFit training different from a regular workout routine?
What makes people dread going to the gym but anticipate their regular visit to CrossFit Bolton?
Why does CrossFit training deliver real results compared to large, cookie-cutter gym franchises?
Difference 1: CrossFit is for EVERYONE
If you walk into a conventional gym, you’ll see individuals working on intimidating-looking machines like:
- Pec deck
- Leg press
- Vibration plates
- Ab crunchers
And if you’re new to fitness, you might not know that there is more useful equipment out there.
CrossFit for beginners is all about something called “universal scalability.”
This means anyone can come into our gym, take a look at the latest CrossFit WOD and complete it based on their fitness level.
Unlike gyms where the expectation is for people to go “all-out” the moment they walk in, CrossFit is about building your strength, fitness and confidence.
- Coming back from an injury? You can do CrossFit.
- Haven’t worked out in months? You can do CrossFit.
- Unsure about your abilities? You can do CrossFit.
Whether you’re a high-school student, a retiree or a mom looking to get fit, CrossFit is for you.
Difference 2: You’ll know what to do
When you walk into an old-school gym (especially if you’re a first-timer) do you know?
- What are the best exercises to do?
- Where you should start?
- How to use the equipment properly or how long to use it?
- Who to ask for help?
Nope. You need to figure it out on your own.
CrossFit gym etiquette mandates the WOD is posted daily for everyone to see.
You’ll know what time your class begins (with a warm-up), what the workout is and what time it ends (with a cool-down).
Unlike regular gyms, where you can hop from machine to machine and not feel like you accomplished anything, CrossFit schedules are purposely designed to be intelligent and effective.
One last thing: Every CrossFit program improves 10 key fitness elements:
Difference 3: You’re part of a community
CrossFit members really feel a kinship towards each other.
Unlike a sterile gym or fitness class, where people exercise alone and in silence, CrossFit is all about encouraging and supporting one another.
- Finished your very first WOD? That’s worth celebrating.
- Achieved a fitness milestone? The whole CrossFit Bolton team is proud of you.
- Looking for nutrition advice? Feel free to ask.
CrossFitters have a strong community system that helps everyone be their best selves – both at the box and away from it.
Difference 4: CrossFit really works
Everyone has different fitness goals they want to achieve…
- Fitting into old clothes
- Being healthy for their grandkids
- Wanting to feel good about themselves
- Developing healthy, lifelong habits
…and CrossFit will help you reach them.
The core CrossFit movements you’ll master are based on things you can do every single day:
Download your FREE copy of The 9 Movements You Need to Master in CrossFit
In fact, you’ve probably done CrossFit at home and not even known it:
- Picked up a box from the ground? That’s a deadlift.
- Lift that box over your head and placed it on a shelf? You just did a clean and press.
Plus, you’ll have a dedicated CrossFit coach by your side to help you move smarter, be stronger and feel better about yourself.
Four reasons to try CrossFit. No reason to wait any longer.
Are you ready to make a change in your life?
Don’t want to go back to the same old gym and get the same old results?
Try CrossFit. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
There are two ways to start at CrossFit Bolton:
- Contact us with your questions and we’ll get back with the answers you need.
- Book a FREE “no sweat” intro and see what CrossFit is all about.