Coconut water is that liquid you hear moving around inside of the coconut. It is a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It’s the fluid of life, so to speak. In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water – siphoned directly from the nut to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.
Most coconut water is still consumed fresh in tropical coastal areas – once exposed to air, the liquid rapidly loses most of its organoleptic and nutritional characteristics, and begins to ferment.
- Coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk
- Coconut water is healthier than orange juice – Much lower calories.
- Coconut water is better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk.
- Coconut water is naturally sterile — Water permeates though the filtering husk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor– Its identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut water is a natural isotonic beverage – The same level we have in our blood.
- Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries through Coconut IV.
- Coconut water is the very stuff of nature, biologically pure, full of natural sugars, salts, and vitamins to ward off fatigue… and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294mg) than most sports drinks (117mg) and most energy drinks.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg!
- Coconut water has 5mg of natural sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of altered sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.
Data is based on a 100ml drink.
*Taken from: linving-foods.com