Chocolate covered date bars
- 6 oz of pitted dates (I used 1 bag of Earthbound Farm Organic Pitted Dates)
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Coconut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 bar (100gm) of 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate (melted)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine dates, coconut butter and shredded coconut in a food processor. Place mixture in a glass dish (5”x7”) and spread evenly in the dish pressing it down.
- Combine the chocolate, honey and vanilla and melt.
- (To melt chocolate, place chocolate (honey and vanilla), in the top of a double boiler (glass bowl on top of a pot with some water) over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir occasionally, until it is smooth and melted).
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs and shredded coconut. Place in fridge.