The following classes will be cancelled this week:
Friday January 29 at 7pm
Saturday January 30 at 9am and 10am
Sunday January 31 at 10am
Construction will be done at the gym in order to reduce the noise produced by dropping barbells.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for understanding.
Come in and complete a training session that you missed on Friday or Saturday.
Perform 25 to 40 minutes of one of the following at approximately 70% effort:
– Swim (focus on efficient mechanics, breathing and stroke count)
– Row (focus on efficient mechanics and a low stroke per minute rate)
– AirDyne (maintain a relaxed pace)
– Hike (find a trail and go for a walk outdoors)
– Cycle (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery)
Mobility and Maintenance
Book an appointment with one of our licensed therapists. We offer chiropractic, ART, acupuncture, massage therapy, athletic therapy and physiotherapy. Click here to see the therapists’ availability.
– Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
– Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of fish oil supplementation, compression, contrast baths, Epsom salt baths, etc.
– Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
Three rounds, not for time, of:
15′ Rope Climb, 3 ascents
L-sit, 30 seconds
Every minute, on the minute, for 14 minutes:
Hang Snatch + Snatch
Coach Alex’s Notes:
Increase the weight based on how you feel. Always remember that the amount of weight on the bar is less important than perfect mechanics. If the rep isn’t technically perfect, do not increase the weight.
Three rounds for time of:
12 Toes to bar
12 Handstand Push-ups
135/95 pound Overhead Squat, 6 reps