1. What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide. Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. Our terrorist hunters, skiers, mountain bike riders and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimen.
2. Why would I choose CrossFit Bolton to achieve my fitness goals?
We guarantee results. It’s that simple. No other fitness program is comparable to CrossFit when it comes to results.
3. Are all CrossFit gyms the same?
No! CrossFit has an open business model – we are not a franchise. Individual CrossFit boxes operate under their own philosophy and offer their own atmospheres.
4. What makes your CrossFit gym stand out from the rest?
Training at CrossFit Bolton goes above and beyond merely showing up at the gym. You’ll become part of a community of people committed to a permanent improvement in their physical fitness that transfers into their daily lives. We have knowledgeable and experienced Coaches who will guide you and motivate you through every workout.
5. CrossFit looks very challenging. What can I do to prepare before joining?
Although it is true that we train to do very difficult things at CrossFit Bolton, we understand that most people (even seasoned athletes) are not ready to just jump right into a CrossFit workout. We assess the abilities of all our clients, teach them the fundamentals then ease them into the workouts at a comfortable pace. Our focus is on safety first, then efficiency and finally intensity. If you try to get ready for CrossFit on your own, you are much more likely to practice poor technique, over-train or injure yourself, than if you train under the watchful eye of our expert coaches. You don’t get in shape to do CrossFit, you do CrossFit to get in shape. CrossFit is by far the best and fastest way to get fit. If you do something else in order to prepare for CrossFit, chances are you’ll regret it when you finally do try it. Like so many of us, you’ll wish you had started CrossFit sooner.
6. What are your gym hours?
The schedule for group training sessions is posted on our website. Please check the website and schedule frequently for updates. Do not attend during Open Gym time unless you have a Coach’s approval.
7. How do I get started?
See our Getting started page.
8. I’ve done the free consultation, now what?
9. Do you allow drop-ins?
We offer a drop-in option for visitors from out of town that are members of other CrossFit facilities. Our drop-in rate is $25 per session. We do not accept the drop-in fee from anyone that hasn't passed our introductory training course or isn't an active member at another CrossFit facility. Please email us to notify us when you plan to drop in to a class.
10. I just want to try out CrossFit, I don't want to commit to long term membership. What are my options?
You can purchase one personal training session for $60 or an OnRamp for $200. Once you are cleared to enter the regular classes you can purchase a month-to-month membership that you can cancel any time by email with 14 days notice. The month-to-month membership renews automatically on a monthly basis unless you email us 14 days prior to the next billing date requesting to cancel.
11. What do I do after I’ve completed an OnRamp course or four personal training sessions?
You can choose from one of several membership options that give you access to our group sessions. A group session is 45-60 minutes long, consists of an active warm-up, skills practice, the WOD (Workout of the Day) and a cool-down.
12. Where do I find your pricing info? I can’t find it on your website.
We didn’t forget to include our pricing info on our website. Our memberships range from $25-$260 a month. We also have discounts for students, families, and emergency service personnel. No other gym in Bolton offers the same range of included services, the same level of training, or anywhere near the same fitness bang for your buck.
13. Why are the membership fees higher than those at conventional gyms?
Although this may seem true when comparing our fees to “regular” gyms, it is not. You are being coached at all times. You are receiving personal training without the high cost of personal training. You learn techniques and methodology from experienced Coaches that have dedicated their lives to improving the lives of others. You will be challenged here like never before. If it was easy, everyone would do it. That’s what makes it great.
14. How long are your membership contracts?
We don’t have contracts. Instead we have commitments. Your monthly price gets cheaper and cheaper based on your commitment level. This is a commitment to you and your health. Achieving your fitness goals will take time and we are willing to meet you half way if you’re willing to make a commitment. Our commitment levels vary from Month-to-Month to 12-month commitments
15. I don’t need any help or instruction. Can I join so I have a place where I can come in and do my own workouts?
No. First of all, we have group sessions nearly every hour of the day that we are open. Depending on a number of variables such as the time of day, day of the week, the number of people participating in the group session, etc., there may not be the space or equipment to accommodate you. Secondly, we take an interest in all of our clients’ success and it is really hard to monitor if we don’t know what you are doing and how often you are doing it. If you are interested in a personalized training program, we offer personal training with flexible schedules and training plans tailored to your fitness and health goals. We also have open gym times for those that have been approved by a Coach.
16. I showed up at the gym part way through a class, what are my options?
You can warm up quickly on your own and participate with the class or you may wait until the next class starts.
17. What if I can't do the Workout of the Day (WOD) because my ________ hurts?
No problem! During the warm up or skill practice we will address any concerns and alter or scale the workout appropriately. Our job as coaches is to make the WOD accessible to all of our clients.
18. What if I don't want to do the WOD because I have something else in mind?
You may still do the warm up, skill practice and/or start your workout at the same time as the class.
19. What if I don’t want to train in a group setting?
If you are interested in a more personalized approach and want more information about one-on-one personal training, please contact us.
20. I would like to review the movements in the WOD before I come into the gym. How do I do that?
Click on the exercises and demos link on our home page. You will find a wealth of fitness knowledge at your disposal.
21. What is your cancellation policy?
All sales are final. No refunds shall be made for services purchased.
Cancellation or suspension of membership requires 14 days notice.
22. What do I do if I need to take some time off from the gym, but I have a membership commitment?
- The Client may, for periods of two weeks or longer (up to a maximum of 3 months), put the Agreement “on hold”.
- When an Agreement is put on hold, the billing continues and the hold time is added to the end of your Agreement term.
- The request to place the Agreement on hold must be submitted by email 14 days prior to the hold date (no retroactive holds).
- An end date (or return date) must be included with the following exceptions: Client is injured or sick, or Client is pregnant and/or has had a baby. In both cases the return date will be mutually determined based on the recovery and recuperation of the Client.
- Your Agreement will restart automatically on the return date you requested.
- Re-starting the Client’s Agreement after placing it on hold will incur a $20 administrative fee.
- An Agreement cannot be “put on hold” more than twice per year.
- If you want to lengthen or shorten your hold, email us with 14 days notice.
23. I still want to learn more! Do you have any other resources?
Click on the CrossFit Journal link on our home page.